Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Puzzles

Geeks love puzzles. Even when there isn't one! ^_^

The coat of arms of the new Governor General of Canada contains a string of binary digits. Naturally lots of geeks everywhere assumed that the number must be some special meaning. In fact, the digits are symbolic of "a flow of information, digital communication and modern media," and nothing more. The sequence of digits was choosen because it was a pleasing arrangement.

When I first looked at the coat of arms, I saw a row of spears and shields, not ones and zeros. Which, I suppose, proves I'm not much of a geek. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Do you think they could have pick angry enough looking unicorns? They look a little deadly to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are Canadian unicorns, the most ferocious type known. ^_^

    ReplyDelete