Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Doctor Who Series 5

I thoroughly enjoyed the recent Doctor Who series, especially the final episode which had some great time travel paradoxes. It was funny watching The Doctor unravel the paradoxes to avoid messing up his own time line. One can see why he usually avoids creating paradoxes. I liked the way The Doctor orchestrated his own rescue by simply depending on Amy to remember that he existed. This incarnation take his companions much more seriously that previous Doctors might done.

I hope the River Song story gets told soon. If they build it up too much, it might not live up to the expectation. Someone very powerful took control of the Tardis in the penultimate episode. I suspect that only the Timelords are capable of doing that to a Tardis, but I didn't notice any clues that they might be behind it. It's going to be a long wait for the Christmas special and the next series.

No comments:

Post a Comment