Thursday, April 15, 2010

Battle For Wesnoth

Battle for Wesnoth is one of the best free games available. I had not play it in a while and so decided to install it again, when I was feeling a little stressed out with work a few days ago. Like most good games, Wesnoth is also quite addictive, so perhaps playing it was not such a good idea, given how busy I am, but I needed a break. ^_^

The creators of Wesnoth describe it as a "tactical strategy" game which is quite accurate, if a little confusing. I would describe it as an operational level war game, but that assumes some knowledge of pre-computer wargaming. The tactical part is obvious as the combat style is very wargame-like. The strategy part is very light weight and mainly involves supply and recruitment, but each game is a campaign that consists of a series of scenarios, so you need to plan ahead as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment