Sunday, August 23, 2009

Real Users

Many months after I finished building the LAMP server, my customer and I finally migrated the first user site from the Windows server to the Linux server tonight. Not everything happens at Internet speed. :D

There's nothing like having to handle real user requirements show what is missing, but this actually didn't go too badly. I had scripts to create the various configuration files and those all worked correctly. Well almost, if had remembered to install the last change I made to one script months ago. It was only one missing the Apache virtual host container so it was not huge upset.

Tonight's work pointed to where improvements are needed. Eventually I want to have my customer run the scripts with sudo, but there's a few things I need to figure out before that is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment