Saturday, August 29, 2009

NZB Doubts Continue

The .nzb files work most of the time but I have one the just refuses to complete the download. Unlike the last time, downloading it again didn't. I even tried a file generated on a different search engine, but no luck. Since there is no way to know where the problem is, I gave up on that .nzb and used reliable BitTorrent for that download.

I see the potential of .nzb. The downloads are much faster since there is no need to search the article subject for matching articles. And the .nzb is more reliable than the search method, but the main problem with .nzb is that there's no way to tell what went wrong. Maybe the upload was bad and downloading is just a waste of bandwidth.

I'm seriously considering reactivating my easynews.com account to see if a paid service will improve the reliability.

No comments:

Post a Comment